The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs released new data on property tax bills in the state.
Bergen ($11,564) and Passaic ($9,781) county both had higher averages than the state's ($8,690).
Here are the towns with the highest property taxes in Bergen County:
- Alpine: $21,933 (third highest in New Jersey)
- Tenafly: $20,434 (fourth highest in New Jersey)
- Demarest: $19,137 (ninth highest in New Jersey)
- Upper Saddle River: $18,119 (13th highest in New Jersey)
- Haworth $17,692: (16th highest in New Jersey)
Here are the towns with the highest property taxes in Passaic County:
- Wayne: $12,420
- Ringwood: $11,044
- North Haledon: $10,775
- Bloomingdale: $10,738
- Prospect Park: $10,679
- CLICK HERE
- Select "Property Tax Tables" and "2017" xls
- Select the "Municipal Tax Summary" tab at the bottom lefthand corner
- Find your town on the alphabetical list by county (averages will be all the way to the right under "Average Total Property Taxes [not including credits and deductions])
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.