TEANECK, N.J. -- Come experience "A Fashion and Flair Extravaganza" in Hackensack on Sunday, Nov. 20. The runway style event will help fund local scholarships.
The Bergen Passaic Chapter of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, based in Teaneck, is hosting the event, the third annual Mary Ann Miller Scholarship Fundraiser.
The event will also include a vendors' mall, light refreshments, wine and door prizes. General seating is $80, and VIP runway seating is $125.
The event will run from 4-8 p.m., at the Logan Family Life Center, 274 Central Ave., in Hackensack. For more information, call 201-287-9600.
According to the group's website, its mission is to
- foster principles of equal rights and opportunities,
- promote awareness of black culture,
- develop members' potential for effective leadership and participation in civic affairs,
- foster advocacy and economic development; and
- cooperate with people and organizations to achieve mutual goals.
Mary Ann Miller founded the Bergen Passaic Chapter in 1986. Nationally, there are over 60 chapters.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.